The Altra Olympus 5.0 is back with a more stable design and reformed heel collar for an improved fit. The Olympus 5.0 is built with a zero-drop midsole and Altra’s Original foot shape design.
What You’ll Love
- Increased padding and support in the heel collar
- The midsole extends up sides of the shoe for improved stability
- Vibram Megagrip outsole for extreme traction
The Olympus 5.0 is a highly cushioned, protective trail running and hiking shoe. Packed with tons of EVA underfoot the Olympus 5.0 has the impact protection and cushioning for all-day adventures. The newest model has a redesigned heel collar with increased padding for better lockdown and increased Achilles Tendon comfort. Finished off with an extremely capable Vibram Megagrip outsole the Altra Olympus 5.0 has all the elements to deliver a comfortable experience on any trail.
- Inner Flex underfoot groove system provides additional flexibility and cuts weight for increased performance.
- Original Footshape design includes more natural, foot-shaped last and metatarsal-specific shapes in the outsole to assist in proper foot mechanics and allow for more natural foot movement.
- Balanced Cushioning places your heel and forefoot at the same height from the ground to encourage a low-impact running form.
- Compression Molded EVA for resilient underfoot protection.
- Vibram Megagrip Outsole is made from a tough, durable compound that gives exceptional grip on trails.
- Engineered Mesh offers increased breathability and durability.
- Premium Tounge for a tailored locked-in feel.
- 4-point GaiterTrap uses a hook-and-loop tab that allows for easy donning of a gaiter.
- Original Footshape is the fit that started it all. This is the roomiest of the 3 options accommodating those runners with higher volume feet.